Wingard is seeking a candidate with a keen eye for design to fill the role of in-house Web Designer/Developer. The ideal candidate for this position will have a design background and a passion for crafting functional, responsive, and beautiful websites.
Wingard is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based advertising agency that has been recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” as well as one of the “50 Fastest-Growing Companies” in the region.
- Local candidates and U.S. residents only. Wingard is operating remotely at this time, and anticipates transitioning to a hybrid work-from-home/office format later in 2021.
- Full-time, salaried (commensurate with experience)
- Reports to: Director of Web Development
- Direct reports: N/A
- Immediate opening
- Develop custom website designs using WordPress and page builder plugins such as Divi, WPBakery or Elementor
- Develop new features for existing WordPress sites
- Create and update front-end stylesheets using Foundation 6 framework
- Maintain existing WordPress sites, including updating themes and plugins
- Handle client development updates to existing sites, including adding posts and pages, updating content, adding tracking codes, and more
- Understand client goals and collaborate with UI/UX designer to create responsive, mobile-first websites
- Design and develop landing pages and email marketing campaigns
- Create screen recordings and written instructions explaining how to make edits to new and existing websites
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues with WordPress, plugins, DNS records, and other components as they arise
- Work with internal teams to keep projects on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or related field
- Comfortable building WordPress sites using purchased themes
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and PHP development
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap a plus
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and other visual design tools
- Experience with Canva a plus
- Excellent visual design skills and good understanding of responsive design
- Experience with Google Tag Manager a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized team player with great time management
- Good problem solving skills
- Proficient in Mac computer systems
The successful applicant will be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Company-sponsored health care plan, which includes health, dental, vision, and short-term disability coverage
- Extensive PTO program, which includes five health and wellness days per year for all employees and two weeks of vacation per year for new employees (additional days are added with tenure)
- Two paid days per year for volunteer service, in addition to company volunteering and pro-bono initiatives
- Paid parental leave for births and adoptions
- Company-matched SIMPLE retirement plan
- Company-paid networking and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home or in-office location in Jacksonville, FL
We expect the right candidate to be willing and able to sign our company non-disclosure and non-compete policies, and that nothing would prevent you from working with us and dedicating your full-time attention to Wingard. Wingard is a fast-paced, exciting, nimble, entrepreneurial, and generally pretty fun place to work.
At Wingard, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Wingard believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please submit resumé, cover letter with salary history, and relevant case studies of previous work to email@example.com, with “Web Designer/Developer” in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a capabilities test and provide copywriting samples as part of the interview process.