Wingard is seeking a candidate to fill the role of in-house Senior WordPress Developer. Wingard is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based advertising agency that has been recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” as well as one of the “50 Fastest-Growing Companies” in the region. The right candidate for this position will have a passion for creating and developing functional, responsive and beautiful WordPress websites.
- Front-end Senior WordPress Developer
- Local and remote candidates considered (US residents only)
- Full-time, salaried (commensurate with experience)
- Immediate opening
- Creation of WordPress templates and editable areas using Advanced Custom Fields
- Development of new features for existing WordPress sites
- Development of WordPress sites using page builder plugins such as Divi and Elementor
- Debugging issues that arise and optimizing code to improve website performance on existing WordPress sites
- Connecting, updating and troubleshooting APIs
- Working with internal teams to keep projects on time and on budget
- Maintenance of existing sites, including updating themes and plugins
- Portfolio or recent examples of your work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience creating and updating WordPress themes
- Good understanding of responsive web design and a good design aesthetic
- Experience creating WordPress templates and child themes
- Comfortable building WordPress sites using purchased themes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized team player with great time management
- Proficient in Mac computer systems
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields plugin
The successful applicant will be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Company-sponsored health care plan, which includes health, dental, vision, and short-term/long-term disability coverage
- Extensive PTO program, which includes five health and wellness days per year for all employees and two weeks of vacation per year for new employees (additional days are added with tenure)
- Two paid days per year for volunteer service, in addition to company volunteering and pro-bono initiatives
- Paid parental leave for births and adoptions
- Company-matched SIMPLE retirement plan
- Company-paid networking and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home or in-office location in Jacksonville, FL
We expect the right candidate to be willing and able to sign our company non-disclosure and non-compete policies, and that nothing would prevent you from working with us and dedicating your full-time attention to Wingard. Wingard is a fast-paced, exciting, nimble, entrepreneurial, and generally pretty fun place to work.
At Wingard, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Wingard believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please submit resumé, cover letter with salary history, and relevant case studies of previous work to email@example.com, with “Senior WordPress Developer” in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a capabilities test as part of the interview process.