Wingard is seeking an entry-level Public Relations Coordinator. The ideal candidate for this position will have a desire to start their PR career working alongside established professionals, with the opportunity to grow into a larger role in the years ahead.
Wingard is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based advertising agency that has been recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” as well as one of the “50 Fastest-Growing Companies” in the region.
- Local candidates and U.S. residents only. Wingard operates on a hybrid work-from-home/office format.
- Full-time, salaried
- Reports to: Vice President of PR & Communications
- Direct reports: N/A
- Immediate opening
- Researching industry trends and data to support client outreach efforts
- Building and updating media contact lists
- Drafting press releases and pitch materials
- Assisting with scheduling, coordination, and pre-interview preparation for media opportunities
- Accompanying clients to media interviews
- Creating agendas for calls and meetings
- Managing action items and follow-up details after calls, meetings, and interviews
- Monitoring client coverage
- Compiling monthly/quarterly coverage reports
- Providing on-site support for press conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field, or 2-4 years of experience in a similar position
- Basic understanding of public relations principles; past PR coursework, internship, or work experience a plus
- Experience with media monitoring, reporting, and press release distribution programs a plus (Wingard uses Critical Mention and PR Newswire)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including AP Style
- Self-motivated and highly organized team player with great time management
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Mac computer systems a plus
Qualities We Seek:
- Self-motivated: Proactively identify opportunities to support the PR team and its clients through project organization, research, and assistance
- Highly organized: Own and manage projects from beginning to end; meet deadlines while managing priorities and timelines as necessary based on daily media and client requests
- Collaborative: Actively contribute to department planning meetings, and work with coordinators and account managers from other departments to align PR projects with broader, agency-wide initiatives
- Results-oriented: Support PR team in its work to secure media opportunities and coverage that meets and exceeds each client’s goals
The successful applicant will be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Company-sponsored health care plan, which includes health, dental, vision, and short-term disability coverage
- Extensive PTO program, which includes five health and wellness days per year for all employees and two weeks of vacation per year for new employees (additional days are added with tenure)
- Two paid days per year for volunteer service, in addition to company volunteering and pro-bono initiatives
- Paid parental leave for births and adoptions
- Company-matched SIMPLE retirement plan
- Company-paid networking and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home or in-office location in Jacksonville, FL
We expect the right candidate to be willing and able to sign our company non-disclosure and non-compete policies, and that nothing would prevent you from working with us and dedicating your full-time attention to Wingard. Wingard is a fast-paced, exciting, nimble, entrepreneurial, and generally pretty fun place to work.
At Wingard, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Wingard believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please submit resumé, cover letter, and relevant case studies of previous work (coursework or internship samples are acceptable) to email@example.com, with “Public Relations Coordinator” in the subject line.