Wingard is seeking a candidate to fill the role of in-house Front-End WordPress Developer. Wingard is a Jacksonville-based creative agency that has been recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” as well as one of the “50 Fastest-Growing Companies” in the region. The right candidate for this position will have a passion for creating and developing functional, responsive, and beautiful WordPress websites.
- Front-End WordPress Developer
- In-house only, remote applicants and contractors not considered
- Full-time, salaried (commensurate with experience)
- Immediate opening
- Creation of user-friendly custom WordPress themes
- Development of WordPress sites using page builder plugins such as Divi and WPBakery
- Development of new features for existing WordPress sites
- Maintenance of existing WordPress sites, including updating themes and plugins
- Working with internal teams to keep projects on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with PHP development
- Good understanding of responsive web design
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience creating WordPress templates and child themes
- Comfortable building WordPress sites using purchased themes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized team player
- Proficient in Mac computer systems
- Basic understanding of SEO, SEM, and digital advertising strategies
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields a plus
The successful applicant will be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Company-sponsored health care plan, which includes health, dental, vision, and short-term disability coverage
- Extensive PTO program, which includes five health and wellness days per year for all employees and flex days to support work/life balance
- Company-matched SIMPLE retirement plan
- Company-paid networking and professional development opportunities
- Flexible, casual office with free snacks, beverages, and Friday happy hours!
We expect the right candidate to be willing and able to sign our company non-disclosure and non-compete policies, and that nothing would prevent you from working with us and dedicating your full-time attention to Wingard. Wingard is a fast-paced, exciting, nimble, entrepreneurial, and generally pretty fun place to work.
Please submit resumé, cover letter with salary history, and relevant case studies of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Wordpress Developer” in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a capabilities test as part of the interview process.