Is WordPress development your passion? Do you understand and appreciate its best practices – and have the ability to turn prototypes into amazing WordPress themes using page builders and Advanced Custom Fields?
Well, we’ve got just the opening for you. We’re currently on the lookout for a Freelance Web Developer to assist with a variety of projects related to WordPress development and maintenance.
Wingard is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based advertising agency that has been recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” as well as one of the “50 Fastest-Growing Companies” in the region.
- WordPress Developer
- Project opportunities vary in duration and scope
- Ongoing openings
- Develop custom website designs using WordPress and page builder plugins such as Divi or Elementor
- Develop new features for existing WordPress sites
- Create and update front-end stylesheets using Foundation framework
- Maintain existing WordPress sites, including updating themes and plugins
- Handle client development updates to existing sites, including adding posts and pages, updating content, adding tracking codes, and more
- Understand client goals and collaborate with UI/UX designer to create responsive, mobile-first websites
- Design and develop landing pages
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues with WordPress, plugins, and other components as they arise
- Communicate with internal teams on project status
- Comfortable building WordPress sites using page builders
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and PHP development
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap a plus
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and other visual design tools
- Experience with Google Tag Manager a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized team player with great time management
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Mac computer systems
Please submit a resumé, cover letter, and relevant work samples to email@example.com, with “Freelance Web Developer Opening” in the subject line.