External Position — Not With Wingard
One of our clients, Ability Housing, is seeking our support to identify candidates for a Development Assistant.
Job responsibilities are outlined below. We invite all candidates who meet the qualifications outlined below to apply on Indeed.
Ability Housing’s vision is a society where housing is a right, not a privilege; and all individuals have safe, affordable housing in vibrant communities. Our mission is to build strong communities where everyone has a home. To achieve these, we develop and operate quality rental housing affordable to persons with extremely limited incomes; administer rental assistance to help chronically homeless households access market housing; and partner with area service organizations to ensure our residents have the supports they require to maintain their housing and increase their independent living skills.
Ability Housing is looking for a Development Assistant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate must be highly organized with the ability to understand and implement tracking systems and follow-up procedures, to use independent judgement and to produce a quality work product.
- Develop an ongoing understanding of organization’s history and programs
- Maintain current records in multiple databases and paper files, including donor and grant reporting
- Manage agency’s stewardship of donors, inclusive of producing and distributing donor acknowledgements in a consistent and timely manner
- Maintain development dashboard to monitor progress to fiscal goals
- Monitor and record grant outcomes to produce timely reports as required by foundations/corporate donors
- Conduct prospect research to identify and qualify potential funding sources
- Produce written materials necessary for donor stewardship and agency outreach
- Manage all agency social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as providing social media content in accordance with editorial calendar
- Maintain an awareness of the social media activity of other community and national organizations and interact with them when appropriate and beneficial
- Assist with other fundraising projects, agency events and Development Department needs as requested
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to think strategically in the development of process and policy enhancements
- Possesses the desire to get the job done with excellence
- Strong editing skills
- Experience with Adobe or graphics design a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and to set and meet deadlines
- Adept in technology, organization and resourcefulness
- A strong contributor in team environments
- Anticipate and proactively address needs
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel bonus skills, Bloomerang, Salesforce, eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media best practices
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Two or more years professional experience in non-profit industry, with a high school diploma required (Associates Degree or higher preferred)
Position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Regular daily (work week) presence is required.
Ability Housing, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid vacation and holidays days, and retirement.