External Position — Not With Wingard
One of our clients, Feeding Northeast Florida, is seeking our support to identify candidates for a Director of Communications role to help accelerate the organization’s growth and visibility. This position will be responsible for articulating the impact of the organization, which distributed more than 14.4 million meals to households across Northeast Florida in 2019. Job responsibilities will include direct collaboration and communication with Wingard’s marketing and communications professionals. We invite all candidates who meet the qualifications outlined below to submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Communications is responsible for the development and execution of Feeding Northeast Florida’s external and internal communications strategies. The Director of Communications will work closely with the CEO, Director of Development, Director of Partnerships & Programs, Grants Managers, as well as PR/Marcom agencies to create and distribute content for communication across different platforms. Across all communications, the Director of Communications will be responsible for building awareness and audience growth of Feeding NE FL and its programs, interacting with community leaders, representing the food bank to members of the media, and ensuring that the food bank’s marketing, advocacy, programmatic, and philanthropic communications are consistent in message, branding, and effectiveness.
- Develops, executes, and tracks the success of a comprehensive annual regional communications plan that covers both traditional and non-traditional communication channels.
- Actively seeks out and identifies relevant content from numerous Feeding NE FL clients, partners, donors, volunteers, events, and food distribution agencies: engaging in-person with staff and participants at the numerous programs and events in and outside our two warehouses, and occasionally outside of regular business hours.
- Creates content and writes clear, persuasive marketing communications copy that meets both promotional and brand objectives, assuring consistent quality and tone.
- Implements tactical marketing plans across multiple channels, including direct mail, digital, social media, email, and PSA placement to broadcast partners.
- Oversees the creative development process in collaboration with marketing agencies and manages day-to-day communications with agencies to execute PR and communications plans.
- Maintains overall responsibility for organization’s website content, effectiveness, and growth.
- Leads social media marketing strategy and execution. Posts on behalf of Feeding NE FL on social media channels (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) to build, expand, and engage community, and join conversations.
- Monitors online marketing results as well as social media trends and best practices.
- Collaborates closely with CEO, Director of Development, and PR/Marcom agencies on strategic communications plans and to align marketing, fundraising, and donor engagement messages.
- Creates development and marketing communications materials—reports, acknowledgments, invitations—print and digital (email, web, social).
- Builds a crisis communication plan and act as the communications point person during crisis preparation and recovery.
- Represents the organization with media on-site at warehouses and events, and for interview opportunities, as necessary.
- Manages and works with outside vendors that might be required for the execution of specific projects, including but not limited to printers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Assists in the coordination, planning, and implementation of development department special events, e.g. fundraising events and donor engagement events.
- Performs special projects/other related work as required.
- Works occasional evenings and weekends for food bank events.
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Superb written communication skills; experienced copywriter across a wide variety of communication channels including print, broadcast, and online.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully formulate and execute communication projects of any scale, involving any medium for any channel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage creative marketing and communications partners to achieve business goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs.
- Demonstrated success with social media communication.
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics for data manipulation and analytics reporting.
- Experience with website maintenance, WordPress preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and projects.
- Willingness and drive to seek out and learn new technologies, skills, and marketing practices.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with other staff, board members, and members of the community.
- Valid driver’s license and Insurance.
- Successfully pass drug test.
Bottom line: We’re looking for someone who likes to work hard and can contribute to our clients’ success. We value new ideas and old-fashioned values like honesty, integrity, and respect. We also value a healthy work-life balance. If you think you’d be a good fit for one or more of our exciting and growing clients, we’d love to hear why. Send your resume, cover letter, salary history, and any relevant examples of past work (examples) to email@example.com.